I did some cool exercises this week from Margaret Lobenstine’s book The Renaissance Soul. One in particular threw me for a loop. I was given a list of 50 value words, from which I had to pick my top 5. I have to admit, I almost skipped the exercise. I mean seriously, I have done this exercise a kajillion times. However, I am committed to researching MultiPassionate-ism for y’all, so I persevered.
This time the values I selected were wildly different from what I have selected the kajillion times in the past! Why? Because I was now viewing this list through the eyes of my authentic MultiPassionate self.
In the past, I always selected values along the lines of personal and spiritual development. I felt chronically empty, and thought the answer was to be found through diligent self-improvement … because clearly there was something wrong with me.
Um hello! Ain’t nothing wrong with this gal!
So, this time I picked:
- Personal Freedom
Well! This just opened up a whole new perspective on this exercise.
These are values I can ENJOY, as opposed to values I need to work on in order to improve my sorry ass.
Totally stoked now to move onto the next exercise in the book. I will keep you posted.
Toasted Coconut Hemp Bars
Passions engaged: trying out new recipes; amateur photography.
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 cup nut butter – I used peanut butter because it was what I had in the cupboard
- 1 cup hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup – going to try it again with honey just for fun
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 325 F
- Spread the coconut on a baking pan (I put parchment paper on the pan) and bake for approximately 5 to 10 minutes (took 5 minutes) or until thoroughly browned and toasted
- While the coconut is toasting, mix all the other ingredients together in a bowl
- Add the toasted coconut and mix well.
- Press the mixture into a wax paper or saran lined 8×8 baking dish. Press really well. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or better yet overnight. Or for the 1 hour I had the patience for.
- Lift out of the pan and cut into 16 squares.
- Store container in the fridge.
The below Keto resource for your Life Design is an affiliate link. Should you choose to purchase any of Healthful Pursuit’s products or services through this link, this in no way impacts the price you pay. For more details on my affiliate polices and why I selected this company to partner with CLICK HERE.